The end of Pokemon Showdown Roleplaying Room

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The end of Pokemon Showdown Roleplaying Room Empty The end of Pokemon Showdown Roleplaying Room

Post by Rico on Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:24 pm

It is with a heavy heart that I announce that as of the First of July, the Pokemon Showdown Roleplaying Room will be no more. We've been in discussion with Upper Staff and we have agreed that we simply do not have the numbers to run the room anymore. Splitting the room in to OOC and IC was a last ditch effort of ours to make it more enticing to staff, as even those with no interest in the ongoing roleplay would at least be able to interact with the community. This did work, but unfortunately it did not work enough.

I've been running this room for what feels like forever now. I got involved when I was a global admin to stamp out some of the extremely serious problems this room had, and continued to work hard to remove things that could get the owner of the server in to very serious trouble if let to continue. We've always had problems, and trying to defeat every problem that arises has been nearly impossible. Maybe this style of service for RP is not ideal, PS has a lot of failings as a chat client specifically related to RP.

LufiaGuy2000, who with LargeJellopy was set to take over from us soon, has created a discord to continue the room in spirit. If you'd like to join it here is the link.

Finally, please don't harass global or room staff about this decision. It is out of a lot of their hands, and even if they wanted to there's not much they could do in the short term to solve this. In the future, the RP room may return, but for now at least it is time to say goodbye.

Edit: Because there are some special people out there this isn't an excuse to spam any of the rooms. Please be responsible.

Last edited by Lux Gracetail on Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:59 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated broken link Discord link, again, that is all - Lux.)
Rico
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

Back to top Go down

The end of Pokemon Showdown Roleplaying Room Empty Re: The end of Pokemon Showdown Roleplaying Room

Post by Rotom's Pokedex on Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:09 pm

The end of Pokemon Showdown Roleplaying Room Tumblr_padjjwGQxS1v68t0mo4_540
Guys. Thank you. Thank you so much. This room really changed who I am as a person. It is extremely depressing to me to see it go, as I have moderated and been through hell and back with this room alone. It got me into a lot of the things I love and connected me to so many people. It's really the only reason I'm on Showdown in the first place. I'm really gonna miss you all.

If you wish to contact me elsewhere, find me on the following sites:
Discord - Primaesthetics#7877
Dappervolk and Art Fight - Fenton
Pokeheroes, Deviantart, and Pokefarm Q - Primaesthetics
Tumblr - hello-torracat with the artblog of ectodejectos

I truly love you all. I'll never forget the experiences I've had in here.
Rotom's Pokedex
Rotom's Pokedex
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

The end of Pokemon Showdown Roleplaying Room Empty Re: The end of Pokemon Showdown Roleplaying Room

Post by Nebulous on Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:12 pm

not even surprised
Nebulous
Nebulous

Back to top Go down

Post by Mugaro on Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:14 pm

It's honestly a shame that the room has to go.

I've had a ton of memories on here, whether they be good or bad, I'll cherish the ones that matter.

I wish you all on your future endeavors and to all I met in RP, thank you for letting me surround myself with mostly great individuals.

Farewell, and warm regards.
Mugaro
Mugaro

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchidio on Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Thank you to everyone for the memories you've all given me on this site. Never have I felt more at home than at here. I've changed a lot from the past >4 years I've been on PSRP- I've gotten a life, become slightly less socially awkward, and I have actual IRL Friends. However, I can never forget the friendships I've made here, along with my newfound love for writing, which is the reason why I got into performing arts and writing in school in the first place.

I can't forget the friends I've made here. As to not make anyone jealous (and because the list is too big to name), I thank my staff friends (obviously not the only ones) for being such great friends. Articuno and Rico for giving me this chance to improve especially - voice and driver have shown me that, hey, maybe I have grown a little bit. Those two have helped me a lot, and I cannot thank them enough (along with Galom and former ROs) for helping make this room what it was and for helping me improve, such as with my legend OCs (and for funny April Fools jokes!). Also to all the other staff. And I trust that LargeJellopy and LufiaGuy2000 will take good care of the new Discord.

My writing has improved because of this room, as well. I host a bunch of RPs now, which I like a lot! ELED, DBZ: TP, and others! And I love document making now, and I've had great times with my RPs (especially with the Goku vs Mosco battle in DBZFF, for those who are in DBZFF : D). This improvement in writing has helped me a great deal, and I cannot be thankful enough for that.

Finally, I wanna thank everyone who made this room what it was. You guys have really changed me. Every single user, whether I remain friends with them or not, has helped me out.

I'm gonna miss this room, but I can't forget the memories I have here.

"Uncle Grandpa is my favorite anime"
"Why the fuck is this show on Adult Swim im switching to Nick Jr."
I can make your legend doc look as amazing as Julius Cole Roblox Hater's rapping
Friend request me or I kill your house
Im an OFFICIAL CHRISTIAN DRIVER
I can sprite whatever you want as long as you don't fuck up with details
I play offline Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 and im prolly better at it than you im a saiyan
I maine water in cq
I have a deviantart
I try not 2 shitpost
Roleplaying room driver
U can call me Enchi Enchidio or whatever just dont call me Raelcontor kthxbye
Enchidio
Enchidio

Back to top Go down

Post by Cradle Cat on Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:58 pm

can we delete forumotion too
Cradle Cat
Cradle Cat

http://psychoreality19.wix.com/popranter

Back to top Go down

The end of Pokemon Showdown Roleplaying Room Empty This sucks...

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:02 am

Wow the RP room is closing already? It seems like yesterday when I just joined. I hope you guys can find something else you like or another site. This was the only rp site I stuck with because it seemed so simple and not as complex as "My hero academia" RP. Theres always another site but this one had some memorial friends like yuzu/yolosiam. I really will miss them. Also I know its kind of late but sorry to all who were affected by my raid/dickishness. I am sorry for any harm I may have caused. I completely understand if you don't forgive me but again wow this just sucks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lawful Evil on Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:17 am

RIP, i made a lot of good friends here and improved writing a lot, 10/10 would get promoted to voice for no reason again.
thanks to penelope skie, koopa, lizie, lulu, eli, lorelight, bantam, kujo, madman, fella, barry, ifritt, cryptik, TSP, koki, enchi, amper, xck, seriph, isis, bdg, wraith, arei, for helping make me who i am today. you guys are the best and i wouldnt trade yall for anything.
its been a good one!
discord is chron#7336

The end of Pokemon Showdown Roleplaying Room Ab3

Last edited by Lawful Evil on Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Lawful Evil
Lawful Evil
Voice
Voice

Back to top Go down

Post by Candiies on Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:25 am

We've come a long way. And to be honest, I hoped that I would lose interest in PSRP before having to see this place go, because I can certainly tell now that it hurts for me to know that it's going to all be gone soon.

Mostly, thank you to everyone that I've met and become friends with over my long 5-year life on PSRP. As Mischief (Gengar) to Lulu (Clefable) and now Physician Why, I've changed a lot and learned a lot from the folks. I've gotten angry, been pissed, felt frustrated, but it's nothing compared to the memories I've made, the roleplays I've written, and the friends I've found. Azamuku, nyanscythe, Akemi, Halohbottech, Sumireko Usami, A Passive Seer, Ivysnake, Barry, and all the other folks I happened to be friends with but never managed to get in touch with outside of Showdown.

I never would've made so many worlds and characters to fit in them were it not for PSRP, and I certainly wouldn't have ever learned how to make a pretty document were it not for the many, many customs I've made over the time that I've spent in this community. Even my origins of drawing connect to learning that I could pick up a pencil to create my very own gijinkas for CL+G or Kingdom. As pathetic as it might sound, PSRP actually has helped make part of who I am today, and I certainly don't regret it now.

Kingdom, Fairy Tail (ughhh), Plus Ultra, Horns, Arcane Infinite, Dragonology.... all worlds that I created or helped create, where the characters I made with their quirks and flaws and unique designs lived. Even now, I miss some of my old (and severely underdeveloped) alchemist OCs, or the cryomancers and summoners who weren't quite bent on rebelling against the rebels. Even now, I miss my old Pokemon OCs who were just self-inserts with minor personality tweaks (ummm lulu clefable who lmao). Maybe I won't miss them at all next year or the one after, but I do know that I'll remember.

As a user, I started out... well, average. I RPed, hosted kingdoms, and even eventually managed to work my up to hosting customs that people actually wanted to see run for a second time. To say the least, while it has no impact on the real world, I can say that the feeling of hosting and seeing that people liked the characters and universes that I made up is among the highest of things that I find gratifying. After only being promoted to voice a few months ago and driver a few days ago, I can say that it was only my time spent here building relationships and becoming familiar with the community that made it feel like it was something worth mentioning to another person in real life.

So... I want to thank everyone. Thanks for listening to the stories I had to tell. Thanks for pissing me off and frustrating me here and there. Thanks for helping me become who I am now.

tl;dr long sappy farewell post, it was a good 4-5 years, see yall on discord

also find me on discord sinkroutine#1952

Last edited by Candiies on Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

my art blog lmao
The end of Pokemon Showdown Roleplaying Room 96S5iqS

The end of Pokemon Showdown Roleplaying Room Tumblr_ondny7Vh4u1w3tfm5o1_250The end of Pokemon Showdown Roleplaying Room Tumblr_onfsy92ctO1w3tfm5o1_250The end of Pokemon Showdown Roleplaying Room Tumblr_onfdelBoLo1w3tfm5o1_250The end of Pokemon Showdown Roleplaying Room Tumblr_onyg2sKRA61w3tfm5o1_250The end of Pokemon Showdown Roleplaying Room Tumblr_onsh6omWW11w3tfm5o1_250The end of Pokemon Showdown Roleplaying Room Tumblr_onwrezwiGA1w3tfm5o1_250
Candiies
Candiies
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by LufiaGuy2000 on Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:55 am

Well... where do I begin.

Two years ago, I didn't even think that I would be a part of a community this big. Hell, I didn't even think that I'd be a part of anything like this. But look at where we are now, heh. I remember my first day in the RP room - that first time I roleplayed in the chat, the first person I roleplayed with, who also introduced me to the room and helped me get settled in, so to speak.

Time passed. I roleplayed with more people, met some people that I never would have thought about meeting before - and on top of that, met people who I still talk to today. Some might say... that I've made some friends to help me along the treacherous perils of life. When it came to roleplays like Resurgence, hosted by ol' Fitzmagic, Mercenaries, which Illario helped me create and is still... well, partially going, at least. I became a bit more established, developed my own OC... And then, like that, I became voice.

Hard to believe that was barely even a year ago - has it even been a year since then? Time's just flown by during my time on Showdown. + quickly became % and then @ and almost #. I got more into the workings of the room, I started talking to even more people, found myself in what I would call cults, even though cults are supposed to be, you know, somewhat good at what they do. I'm looking at you, Snapdrag. Showdown helped me get through my last year of high school - I came here to roleplay, cope with the stresses of life... Hell, I even celebrated my graduation with some of y'all.

I've seen a lot of things come and go from the room - I've seen people get permabanned, I've seen new faces come to the light of the room only to evanesce into the darkness that laid outside. I've seen a lot... I've had a lot of hardships, I've seen sorrow, regret, happiness... I've made a lot of memories, some good, some bad...

... but all permanent.

Even though there's going to be a Discord to take the place of the room, and in due time hopefully a new room on PS! to bear the torch of the old one... There are some of you who I know I'm never going to see again.

Good. Or bad.

I've loved you all, and still do. And will until the very end of time. <3

The end of Pokemon Showdown Roleplaying Room Giphy

... On a serious note I'm going to post the invite link to the discord here when we get things set up.

Last edited by LufiaGuy2000 on Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total

LufiaGuy2000
LufiaGuy2000

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyenaBoy on Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:08 am

It's been a long run guys. Laughs and smiles were had, but many tears and fights were born along the way too. However, that's not so bad. It just adds to the already magnificent tapestry that is the RP room. Unfortunately, it is with heavy hearts that I must agree that the tapestry is done, and ready to be hung on the wall as a powerful legacy to be told to all.

Around 2014 I joined the room, not knowing what I was getting into. I came onto the website to have a Pokemon fight with a friend of mine and her girlfriend. I realized it was more than that, and it had chatrooms! I clicked RP out of curiosity and, lo and behold, the legend of BoteQuest was on display. I foolishly had 3 Psychic legendaries on my first CQ team and was immediately called out on it, but I had tons of fun either way! Intrigued, I continued coming back every day and learned more and more about the room. Before I knew it, I was hosting almost every Murder Mystery that happened while I was online. It was phenomenal, the amount of fun I had making new friends and rivals to fight on the poll was the highlight of my first few weeks. Then I met more and more people, and I got into more and more roleplays. Dungeons and Dragons with my custom Jester class and his deadly Iron Maiden finisher, or Pokehigh with my spooky yet intriguing Voodoo Highschool, and my region of Albion with the spooky ghostly fortune teller and the even more spooky haunted woods. I'm happy that I could add in so much of my own thread to this room's tapestry, and for my threads to intertwine with some of the best people I've known in the room, from staff, to regulars, to even some of the more naughty people who turned around in the end. Thank you everyone, for making this guy's high school and college years bearable, perhaps even fun in the end. You will always be in my memory, heart, and soul as I and all of you move on into the world and fulfill our destinies.

With a heavy heart and a warm smile, Spotted Hyena, AKA MightyenaBoy

The end of Pokemon Showdown Roleplaying Room 58225f205de3b531439474The end of Pokemon Showdown Roleplaying Room 58225f68c2aa6497533836The end of Pokemon Showdown Roleplaying Room 581e8af6b9ade490651111
MightyenaBoy
MightyenaBoy
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Elemental War on Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:48 am

Haiyo, the one and only most humble being to every exist in all of the multiverses, Jean here. Imma be real with yah. This place is/was dope. Introduced me to RPing and got me hooked onto it. The world building, the characters, the cool looking docs, all of it. And then the people. Y'all a quirky bunch, but yah aint that bad, I guess. Met some cool people while I was here, made some good memories that I'll keep forever. Or forget in a few months. Anywho, just wanted to let everyone know you're awesome, this was awesome, and good luck in w/e you decide to do after. You can bother me on discord @Sayonara Song#3794 Deuces yo. ^3^
Elemental War
Elemental War

Back to top Go down

Post by Claw(Garchomp) on Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:12 am

It's been so long since I've started out. I don't know what to say when this finally happens. Sure, it's probably been hinted at before but this actually will happen. I'm... speechless. Though, I can confirm that during my time on Showdown's RP Room, it's been a blast. I've met so many friends, enemies and been in so many RPs.

Anyway, stay safe once the RP Room's gone. You can find me at Friend!#5471 on discord.

All praise the lord and god Gible.
Claw(Garchomp)
Claw(Garchomp)

Back to top Go down

Post by Khahara on Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:31 am

Eh, I figured I may as well throw in my two cents since this room is going belly-up regardless. Now, I honestly regret a lot on here. I did a lot of things I feel like I reaaaaaally shouldn't have done, talked to people I reaaaaaaally should have avoided, and overall wasn't exactly the best guy on here nor had the best experience. But I had some good memories on here. Especially when looking through the lens of when I first joined the room, I have some really fond memories here. Met some pretty cool people like Jean, Rikyro, Castle of Gears, and my main man 325209187a. And of course the guys I found myself looking up to from time to time, like Illusion of Time and sometimes even lame old Lux. But this place was honestly my introduction into not just RPing online, but talking to other people online. I made more friends here than I have in reality, no matter how sorry that may make me sound (being online makes life easier). This place led me to Discord and a lot of other places where I'm perfectly content and chill and have plenty of people to talk to. So I gotta give this place props for being a great introduction to the world of the internet, no matter how flawed it ultimately was. Find me on Discord under the name of Natas#3071. Now always remember to stay in drugs, eat your school, and don't do vegetables. If you know what's good for you, anyhow.
Khahara
Khahara

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralme(Lycanroc-MN) on Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:12 am

Well. It seems I hadn't got the news because of my recent absence from the entire room. If anyone does find this to be sad, I have to honestly say that I only joined last year, just as a mediocre user. Had some pieces of controversy within my time. But, to see it go, it's honestly sad. I won't give up hope anyway. If one does get the chance to chat with me, my Discord Tag is ShadeyDood45 #1699. I'll be sure to see all of you there.

Ralme(Lycanroc-MN)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum